How should you invest your time and energy to have the most impact?
We recommend focusing on your weakest growth area first since it’s probably stunting the growth of your other key areas.
To assess your situation, honestly rate yourself on each growth area using the questions below. To keep it simple, give yourself a rating from 1 to 5 with 1 being the weak and 5 being strong. Give yourself a lower rating if you respond “no” to the questions below and a higher rating if you respond “yes”.
- Does your doctor say that you’re in great health during your annual check ups?
- Is your current body weight and body fat % in line with a healthy person of your age?
- Are you completely happy with your physique?
- Do you get 7.5 hours of sleep or more?
Why don’t we ask about exercise?
How much you exercise doesn’t matter because we don’t know how effective your exercise methods are. We do know about your overall health from your doctor’s assessment and your body weight and body fat %. Just because you exercise often doesn’t mean you’re in good health.
- Are you excited about going to work?
- Would you do what you do for work for free?
- Did you deliberately choose what you wanted to do?
- Are you growing transferable skills?
- Do you feel engaged with your firm?
- Do you get along with your colleagues (boss, peers, direct reports)?
- Are you better this year than you were last year?
- Do your work products from the past few years seem embarrassingly amateurish to you now?
- Are you confident in yourself and your abilities?
- Do you manage emotions effectively?
- Do you feel hopeful and optimistic?
- Do you feel control over your life’s direction and destiny?
- Would the 3 people closest to you give you a high rating?
- Do you have 3 friends you can immediately call at 3am if you need help or just wanted to talk?
- Would your immediate family give you a high rating?
- Do you have at least one good friend at work?
- Can you quit your job today and live off of your savings for 2 years and still have money left over?
- Is your net worth positive?
- Is your net worth higher this year than it was last year?
- Are you debt free?
- Do you own your home?
- Do you save more than 25% every paycheck?
- Do you have passive income (income not from your direct work)?
- Can you retire comfortably right now?